Short-Term Car Leases
One of the main reasons for this is its flexibility:
- You can choose to pay a larger initial payment at the start so that your monthly payments are cheaper.
- You decide how long you want the car lease term to be (usually between one and four years, or shorter).
- You have the option of buying it outright or exchanging it for a new model when the contract finishes (depending on your finance agreement).
Depending on needs and preferences, short-term car leases can be an excellent solution for many motorists and provide that extra flexibility.
It is a great option for driving brand new cars over shorter periods, changing them on a regular basis and on a more affordable level than daily rental or buying.
A short-term lease works similarly to usual car leasing agreements – the main difference is that it is just over a shorter period.
Depending on what you require and how you intend on using the vehicle, you may be looking for certain short-term car rental options.
This may include business owners, those who work abroad and come home for a few months at a time, or those who would like brand new cars on a more regular basis than long-term lease contracts, for example.
The maximum length of a short-term contract is usually 12 months. Anything longer than that, such as one or two years, is long-term leasing.
At Complete Leasing, we can arrange any contract for you depending on your requirements and suited to your needs.
A question we often get asked is “can you rent a car for three months?”
The answer is yes - a three-month car rental agreement is something that we can arrange for you.
As well as 3-month lease options, we can arrange 6, 9 and 12-month personal car lease agreements for you.
Like with any other type of financial agreement, there are terms and conditions you need to consider and be aware of.
Generally, when it comes to car leasing, there are more pros than cons. The benefits of short-term contracts are:
- You are not committed to the car or payments for a long time
- No long-term financial agreements
- You can have a new car regularly
- Short terms usually work out a lot cheaper than daily car rental
- The vehicle is delivered to you as quickly as possible
- You can extend the contract if you wish or simply hand it back to us at the end of the agreement
- Road tax is included, so you don’t need to sort that out
- It is ideal for business owners who have certain short-term requirements that may change regularly
- You can budget accordingly, as the monthly payments are fixed
- For a little extra cost, you can opt to have a maintenance package included, so you won’t have to deal with any sudden repair costs
The cons of short-term car leasing are similar to those in a normal, long-term contract:
- Mileage: before signing the contract, you will agree on a mileage limit – if you exceed this throughout the term, you are likely to be charged.
- Insurance: there are some things you will need to arrange yourself, like a short-term insurance policy. This is a legal requirement.
- Wear and Tear: no matter how long or short your contract is, try to look after it as best as you can – if there is any damage that exceeds the fair wear and tear guidelines, you will face a fee.
- Canceling the contract: if you want to terminate the car lease agreement early, you may face charges for this.
Generally, these policies are applied to all types of lease and finance agreements. If you’d like more information or advice, contact us today to speak to one of our advisors and they will be happy to help.
To be able to lease a car, you must have a full driving licence that permits you to drive in the UK.
We are able to find the cheapest and most suitable leasing deal available, whether you are a sole trader, owner of a limited company or PLC, or you are a private individual looking for a short-term lease.
For more detail on eligibility with a business leasing contract, see our page here.
A short-term lease agreement is the best option if:
You have purchased a car that is currently being made and you need a short-term solution while you wait for it - some cars may take as long as 12 weeks to make.
You don’t want to commit to longer contracts.
You just want a change of car regularly.
You are a contractor or contract worker who may need a vehicle for a specific period only.
You have just started up a business.
You are a business owner who employs staff for probationary periods.
You want to change your fleet regularly.
For more information on why short-term leasing would be right for you, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
If you’re still thinking “should I lease a car?” and you’re wondering “what vehicles are available on a short-term leasing contract?” – contact us now. Our advisors are on hand and will be able to help guide you step-by-step.
We can help by giving you the right advice and finding the best car leasing deals suitable for you and your needs. We will be there to arrange the short-term lease agreement, help you get finance approval and once the term has finished, we can help you with returning the leased car.
There is never any obligation with us and we are more than happy to provide you with more information.